Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Playing with Buttons

I have a box of buttons that I have been collecting for years. Every time I buy something it comes with 1-2 matching buttons. I don't usually keep clothes long enough for the buttons to fall off, so the buttons just sit. One day while I was looking (shopping) on Etsy, I saw some cute prints and canvases that were monogrammed with buttons. I thought to myself, I can do that! I went to my computer and looked for a font that I would like using an "R". I printed it out to use it as my guide. Then I decided it might look good in a shadow box (thank you Michael's 50% off frame sale) using some of the scrapbook paper I already had for the background. While at Michael's, I also found a packet of buttons that were all black use for the R (for some reason I couldn't get my box to give me enough similar buttons to work with...it was worth the $1.50 not to fight it). Then viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment