Saturday, May 5, 2012

The 20 Year Zipper

"I think I remember..." Those were my last thoughts as I tried to remember how to sew in a zipper. Since I had not attempted a zipper since high school, I really had to reach back into the archives to remember how to do it. G and I were attempting a new sewing project, only this time we wanted to add to our wardrobes. She found (what we thought was) an easy skirt tutorial and we started...two hours after figuring out the what pieces were needed, the sizes of each, and finally cutting everything, it was time to sew. Our first attempt was WAY TOO WIDE, so we have to take them in about ten sizes. It was certainly a work in process, but in the end they were wearable! I think next time, I'll just get something off the rack!

No comments:

Post a Comment