Friday, December 28, 2012

Craft-astrophy!

I found the idea on Pinterest for some candy wreaths. I thought they were adorable and wanted to try it out. I was going to hot glue them to some red ribbon wrapped wreaths and add a green bow. I figured I would seal them so I started to paint them with Modge Podge...only, they started to run and turn pink. Then I got the bright idea to spray them in Polyurethane. I let them sit outside to dry and everything was looking great. The tops were drying nicely. I let them sit overnight before I added the green bows. I guess it was a good thing, because when I went to work with them the sides were a big goopy mess. They were sticky and the coating had melted them. What started as a good idea failed miserably. I guess candy and crafts just don't mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment