Friday, March 30, 2012

Chalk It Up to Good Times

I wanted to make something fun for my parents retirement party and thought barware would be a good place to start. I thought it might be fun to decorate a wine glass for mom and and beer stein for dad using chalk board paint. Luckily for me G had some on hand! I found some really nice glassware and then used painters tape to make boxes on each of them. It takes about three coats of the chalk board paint to coat the glass well. You then have to let it set for twenty-four hours. The key to the whole project (ask my sister, she knows from experience...) is to score inside the painter's tape before you take it off. If you don't the paint will peel right off! Then write your message of choice in chalk and enjoy! Just add wine (or beer)!

No comments:

Post a Comment