Thursday, March 8, 2012

Not Quite as Easy as It Looks

I had been seeing tutorials on Pinterest for the sunburst mirror and I really liked the retro look. I decided to try it, but I didn't realize what I had signed up for...I had painted around 60 wooden dowels (that took way too long and involved rubber gloves, paint, a paint brush, and wax paper). I took a circle piece of wood and hammered in a picture hanger in the back. Then after the dowels dried, I delicately placed them around the circle and added gorilla glue to keep them in place. Once I had them all strategically placed radiating from the center, I added more gorilla glue and the placed the mirror. I put some heavy books on the mirror to dry over night. I was so happy with the finished product, but it was way more than I thought I was getting into!

No comments:

Post a Comment