Thursday, March 8, 2012

Framing a Window

I had so much fun making my pillows, I thought, why stop there! I fell in love with one of the fabrics I used and thought it would make some great curtains. Since I bought the last of it a Joann's, I thought it was time to do some research. You can buy anything online! I found a great site, fabric.com, and knowing the brand and line I found the fabric I wanted in no time. Just a quick purchase and the fabric was on it's way. I had never sewn three yards of fabric before, so these hems seemed like they took forever! It was easy though, I just had to make a big rectangle. I bought curtain clips and a rod to hang them on. I was quite ambitious and really wanted to get this done in one day. I took down the existing cornices, spackled the holes, painted the wall, sewed the curtains, hung the new rods, and finally hung the curtains. It took me all day, but I was so happy with the finished product and I love seeing them everyday in my great room!

No comments:

Post a Comment